Monday, June 18, 2007

Father’s Day

I have read blogs of friends and blogs of other transpeople today and those with children all have a common theme in them yesterday. I am not a parent so I cannot comment on this first hand, but I feel that the subject deserves to be address.
Many in our community are parents and two of the hardest days I think for them are Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. It is hard on them and on their children. Many in our community have been denied all contact with their children once they came out as transgendered, they have either been cut off from their children by the courts or their children have broken off contact with them.
If they are one of the lucky one who still see their kids and are part of their lives, it is still isn’t easy. It is hard when trans-woman goes out to eat with her child on Father’s Day or a trans-man goes out with his child on Mother’s Day, it is hard on the parent and child, its hard all around.
Their must be an empty spot in their heart that I cannot even begin to imagine how it feels.
It’s hard being trans….

No comments:

Post a Comment