Sunday, April 15, 2007

Brunch and a Play

I went out to brunch at the Pond House in West Hartford with two couples before the play today. The restaurant is located in West Hartford but it is a Hartford park (Elizabeth park). The Pond House Cafe was very crowded when we got there at noon and we had to wait before they had our reservation ready, once we ordered we had a long wait for the food. We got there two hours before the play but we barely made it on time to the theater and I had also to stop by a friend’s apartment to pick him up for the play.
It was the first time we went there for brunch and in the past we alway had good food there, this time was no exception. I had Pond House Benedict, which is two eggs Benedict over a crab cake and corn bread.
The play was at the Hartford Stage Company and it was “I am My Own Wife” a true story about a transvestite who survived the Nazi and Communist in Germany. The play was a one person play and he played all forty parts. I give it a 3 ½ to 4 stars, the play was good and I enjoyed, but it is nothing to write home about.
After the play we all went over to Tisane, a tea/coffee house in Hartford, for drinks and to talk over the play. They finally got a decaf black tea, the last time I was there they only had herbal decaf teas.
So all in all it was a good weekend; Saturday the TransHealth Conference and Sunday the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment