Sunday, March 11, 2007

Once Again My Worrying was for Nothing.

Everything went well at my nephew’s son first birthday party; I was a little nervous at first but that was expected. Everyone was nice and I talked to his in-laws and some of my nephew’s friends. I made Cream Cheese Tortilla Rollups appetizers and a number of guests told me that they were very good and asked what was in them.
A number of guests said that they admired my courage and I must be happy to finally be able to be myself. When they say that it always gets to me because it is not courage, it is the lesser of two evils. I have said before being trans really sucks, but hiding in the closet sucks a lot more. I stayed home, never did anything, never went out and I was always worrying (not that I don’t worry now ;-) ) that someone would find out my terrible secret. So now I have a life, but the price I pay is always having to be out.
So anyhow, another milestone has been passed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that it went well. One more hurdle crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di,
    I don't know, I think you were pretty courageous to come out to your family. That was a huge step and you are to be congratulated for it!!! Yay!!!!
    Now there is no more "terrible secret". (Not that it was terrible anyway!!) You are what you are and you are coming to terms with that. Good luck on your next step whatever that might be!
    Luvs,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete