Friday, January 26, 2007

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

Q1 - Smoking Bans: There's little dispute that smoking and second-hand smoke is bad for your health. But did you know it could also be bad for your driving record? Last week in Maine, the Bangor City Council passed an ordinance making smoking while driving in the car with children under the age of 18 a primary offense, meaning the police can pull over motorists who are suspected of breaking the law, with violators being fined up to $50 per occurrence. Do you think the Bangor City Council made the right decision, or is this just another situation where the government is interfering in our lives?
Here in Connecticut we have a ban on using cell phones while driving; it hasn’t stop the use of cell phones and I doubt that the Bangor law will have any affect on smokers

Q2 - Time: Which do you prefer: Military Time/the 24-hour clock... "I'll meet you at the gym at 19:00," or the more traditional way of expressing time via the 12-hour clock... "I'll meet you at the gym at 7:00 p.m."?
I prefer civilian time, it makes no sense to use military time.

Q3 - You're Outta Here!: Were you ever suspended from school, and if so, what for? If not, did you ever skip school? If you did, what was your most memorable skipping-school experience?
Nope, I have never skipped classes and I feel guilty when I was out sick. That is not to say that I liked school, I just didn’t feel right not going to school.

Q4 - Gas: Sixty-five percent (65%) of U.S. respondents to a new UPI-Zogby International poll say a rise in gasoline prices to $4.00 a gallon would cause them to make a significant cutback in driving. Another 13.3 percent said it would take $5.00 a gallon for them to change habits, while 3.1 percent said $6.00 would get their attention. How about you...at what price per gallon would you choose or be forced to make a significant cutback or change in your driving habits?
I might change my driving habits where it reaches $5.00 a gallon. But what hurts me more is the cost of home heating oil. I have already set the thermostats back one degree during the day and two degrees at night, 67 and 56 respectively. Last year for one fill up it was over $500, OCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment