Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Web Site Design

One of my pet peeves is bad web-site design; the web site should be functional on all web browsers, not just Internet Explorer. I just went to register for a transgender convention in the Boston area this January and it would not work on Netscape 8.0 nor would it work on Firefox 2.0, it only worked on Internet Explorer. Bad, bad, bad! They just told twenty percent of their visitors that they don’t care about them, because that is about the percentage of non-Internet Explorer users.
When I write a web page I make sure it works on all three browsers (I don’t check it out on Opera because I found that if it works on all three it works on Opera.) the web-site for the Connecticut Outreach Society was mentioned on many sites as being quite impressive including the Yale GLBT center. When I was taking classes in web design the one thing that all the instructors stressed was to make sure the web-site worked on all platforms.

2 comments:

  1. Well, do not visit the True Colors website then, it barfs Firefox....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Frames are so 90ish!
    Maybe once I retire I will see what I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete