Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Question?

I am planning on giving a gift to a co-worker, a spice jar, mulled cider spices and a tea ball. Do you think it is too much to give a co-worker?
She is the HR manager; we have been working together for twenty years; I came out to her last year; she wrote a recommendation to college for me and she has always been there to listen. They are closing down the shop this coming year so I will be laid off.
Since I am male at work, would it be too presumptuous of me to give a gift like that to a female co-worker?

3 comments:

  1. I tend to forget two things: 1) what it is like to work in a large company and 2) that you aren't Diana at work.

    I think your gift is perfectly appropriate. It isn't something overly personal, but it is very thoughtful. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the best gift! It says what I feel Christmas is about... a time to say thank you to those who deserve the accolades.

    It's also a great gift because it's perhaps the last time you'll see each other this much or sadly at all once things transpire at the company -- and all the time that the two of you have known each other.

    Very thoughtful gift Diana!

    p

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift was a big success, as usual all my worrying was for nothing.

    ReplyDelete