Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fundraiser in Stamford

I just got back from a fundraiser for GenderPAC down in Stamford, I was hobnobbing with a couple of politicians. My face is getting to be known (Of course there are not too many six foot trannies around), I met the co-chairs of the Judicial committee, the Mayor of Stamford and former Connecticut gubernatorial candidate. Why do I go to these fundraisers? Because I might be lobbying them for the anti-discrimination legislation and it helps to be known.
There were a couple of others there that I knew; they are from Love Makes a Family and I also got to meet some new people. One woman I met while I was wandering around the condo complex looking for the condo where the fundraiser was being held. I hate condo complexes! Especially on a rainy night, they all look the same. Talk about ticky tacky little housing developments, condo complexes have them beat hands down, all the units look the same and it is easy to get lost in. However this condo was really nice, I mean really nice! It was right on the water’s edge with a boat slip right out back. The little deck on the back of the condo looked out over Stamford harbor on Long Island Sound.
I can only dream...

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you are getting out there like that and making a difference!

    I'd love to live on the water again and what you are describing sounds heavenly...

    ReplyDelete