Monday, December 25, 2006

Best Christmas Yet!

I do not know where to begin. On Saturday night the family met over at my cousins son’s house for dinner while there my cousin’s daughter gave my a copy of their latest CD and DVD of their band “Spaghetti Cake” called “Ready for Summer”, they have a rock band for kids that the whole family can enjoy. This I think is their third CD and my cousin and her husband wrote and sang all of the songs. What made the CD and DVD so special for me was what they wrote inside the DVD “To Diana, We love you”, my eyes clouded over with tears for a second. Personally I think their first album (Jam Food) was the best because I like the songs; Man in the Moon, Best Friend and Snow Days. It was also winner of the "Best New Artist for Older Children" by the 2001 Children's Music Awards.
As I was leaving my cousin’s son’s wife asked me to come over on Christmas day since my brother and sister-in-law are going to New Jersey to be with my niece and her family. But what made it so nice was that she added; “You are coming as Diana aren’t you?” I think she could tell the answer as soon as my eyes lit up.
In the afternoon on Christmas Eve I went up to my nephew’s in Litchfield for dinner and to exchange presents with them and my brother and sister-in-law. For dinner they had seafood lasagna and it was excellent, in it had shrimp, scallops and crabmeat in a white sauce.
However; best of all was today, because I was able to be myself. I was very nervous at first since this was the first family function that I attended as Diana and it was the first time my cousin’s kids saw me as Diana; also some of their in-laws were there. But after awhile I relaxed and enjoyed our time together.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to read this post. I wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete