Monday, October 30, 2006

Manic Monday

From Manic Monday Blog

What’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
It’s a toss up between when I was little we use to visit all the Civil War battlefields. One year we drove down to Key West all the way on U.S.1 (There were no interstates then.). Or when I graduated from college three of us drove out to Bismarck, ND (Non-stop from CT in 32 ½ hrs) and then down to Fort Collins, CO when we mooched off my parents for a couple of weeks while my father taught at Colorado State University. Or when in 1999 we drove down the Pacific coast from Seattle to San Francisco.

Do you like traveling in the car?
I don’t mind it, if I am driving the most I can drive is three hours but if we have drivers to rotate it can do at least 8 hrs.

What do you do to keep yourself (or your kids, if you have them) entertained while on a car trip?
I just watch the scenery go by, it is so interesting to watch how they live in different places. It is never the same, it’s always varying.

What’s the oddest thing in your glove box right now?
Nothing much out of the ordinary, just the car registration, insurance card, owners manual, first aid kit, pocket knife and a flashlight.

1 comment:

  1. You've been on some seriously long road trips. I bet the drive to KW was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete