Monday, October 23, 2006

Manic Monday

From the Manic Monday Blog

Do you like your given name?
No, that is why I am going to change it legally to Diana.

Do you know how your parents chose your name?
Yes, they named me after the doctor that delivered me and my middle name is named after a TV cowboy hero (Thanks Bro, at least it wasn’t Hop Along Cassidy)

Do you have any nicknames?
Di

How do you feel about some of the more unusual names that have become popular lately? Do you think an odd name carries a stigma as the child grows up?
I don’t like unusual names; no one ever knows how to pronounce them correctly. I think it hurts them later in life. Also I don’t like using initials.

1 comment:

  1. My son and I were just talking about the use of initials as a name- so many J.R.'s and P.J.'s and so on- it is just weird to me.

    ReplyDelete