Monday, October 23, 2006

I’m Back!

I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast instead of a motel because I like the feel of the B&B’s. You go to a motel and all you get is a room, but a B&B you get to meet people from all over. You get to talk to interesting people over breakfast or in the common room, people that you never would have met otherwise. This year there was a couple from Denmark, a couple from Vermont and a guy from Maryland along with Fantasia Fair attendee’s from Virginia, New Jersey, Illinois, Texas and Massachusetts. At the B&B where I stayed every day at five they put out wine and cheese, which made a nice social hour to sit around and talk.

Also this year they had a couple from Iowa make reservations for two nights, well on the first night they walked in the common room and froze, turned around and walked out without saving a word. The next morning they didn’t eat breakfast and I heard them talking to the B&B owners saying that they couldn’t stay because of “Those…. those people, we didn’t know that those people would be here!” I feel that it was their loss; they could have used that opportunity to talk to us, to get to know us, instead of running off like we had the plague. The owners told us afterward that it was only the second time in ten years that someone left early.

Now for the photographs from the week……



Sunset Over Provincetown from North Truro




Race Point Lighthouse




Race Point Sand Dunes




Seashells at Race Point Low Tide




Old Pier in Provincetown

For more pictures visit my Photo Album here.







Lastly, one of the B&Bs in Provincetown has this pond out in front with Barbies and Kens having a pool party.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are wonderful! I'm browsing through your album right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Those people" from Iowa...missed out. Holy cow, the whole point in staying at a B&B (as you said) is to meet people. And sometimes you're going to run into people you might not meet at home. Shades of 1950 and segregated motels for blacks and whites.... Bet these yokels were "Christians" too. Grrrr.

    I'm sorry. But I do like the Barbie & Ken party! I didn't know you could get Barbie as a mermaid. I'll pass along this photo to a mermaid friend of mine, if you don't mind... And the rest of your photos are lovely. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely photos.

    I like the Barbie party. I used to collect them when I was young. I gave my Barbies to my younger cousins when I grew older.

    Rach

    ReplyDelete