Sunday, September 03, 2006

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....

We have to do something about SPAM. As most of you I am the director of a local transgender support group and as such I have several email accounts that I check [i.e. info(AT)ctoutreach.org]. I was busy for the last two days and I didn’t check the email accounts as a result on one account I got 86 spam emails and one legitimate inquiry and on the other account 54 spam emails and no real inquiries.
In the United States spamming is illegal, however the authorities clam that they have a hard time finding those that are sending the spam, well don’t go after who’s sending the emails go after the people who are paying them to send it! After all they want us to buy something, so go after the sellers, they have to have someplace where they collect the money so hit them there, in the pocketbook!
Maybe if government realize that it cost American business money then government might get up and do something. It cost them money in missed orders or clients not being able to get in contact with them or employees just trying to weeding out the spam.
So thing has to be done, just in the time that I wrote thing I got 3 spam emails.

1 comment:

  1. Diana, If only half the spammer promises were true, I'd be a multi-millionaire having helped bail out the wives of dozens of deceased Nigerian diplomates, I would have a penis the size of my arm with the ability to "give her pleasure all night long."

    Makes you wonder about the assumptions spammers have about our needs and desires.

    Fight the good fight against spam. One day we will say with nostolgia, "Remember when we got all those crazy spam messages?"

    ReplyDelete