Sunday, September 03, 2006

Saturday Six - Episode 125

From Patrick's Weekender Blog

1. What was the last charity you donated something to? How long ago did you make your last donation?
The last time I donated sometime to a non-profit was two large bags of cans to the Girl Scouts at the beginning of summer. But, I donate a large amount of time, including two that I am on the Board of Directors

2. Describe the worst weather event/national disaster that you experienced firsthand.
Well to pick one out is hard. I would have to say the top three events are; Hurricanes (1955, 1957 and Gloria), an ice storm back in the sixties we lost power for a week and the blizzard of ’78.

3. Did the experience you just described change you in any way, (or if you've never experienced such an event firsthand, do you think it would change you significantly)?
No, not really. I make sure I have a stash of can food all the time, batteries and a portable radio.

4. Take the quiz: What subjects should you have studied in school?

Your Learning Style: Expressive and Tenacious

You love to learn about new cultures, ideas, and theories.

You Should Study:

Anthropology
Counseling – Yeah, since I am thinking about going for my masters in Social Work
Education
Ethnic Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature - I have a hard enough time with English.
History
Literature
Music - No way, I have a tin ear
Philosophy
Eastern Religion


5. Did you actually study or major in any of the courses suggested by the quiz?
No, I majored in Electical Engineering.

6. What's your current screen saver? How long have you had it, and what do you like best about it?
My photograph of the waves breaking on Ogunquit ME rocky shoreline that I took back in May and that is also when I made it My Screen Saver.

1 comment:

  1. Your Learning Style: Competent and Cooperative

    You have a great head for facts and figures. You can remember and use any fact you've read.

    You Should Study:

    Dentistry
    Education
    Environmental Science
    Finance
    Nursing
    Nutrition Science
    Medicine
    Law

    ReplyDelete