Saturday, September 09, 2006

Argh!

At around two AM this morning my smoke detectors when off. All seven of them! I woke up running in circles trying to figure out where the noise was coming from, my brain slowly started to eliminate the possibilities and it figured out that it was the smoke detectors. I then started checking all the rooms of the house while this unbelievable racket was going on and all the rooms were all clear. While I was trying to think what to do next, they stopped. Silence returned mockingly to the night. I waited a few minutes to make sure that there would be no other false alarms and then tried get back to sleep with all the adrenalin rushing through my body.
This happen before over five years ago but then the alarms would stop and then start up again about five – ten minutes later. Back then I traced the problem to a little spider that was crawling in and out of one of the smoke detectors. But tonight it was just once and that was it, I just hope that it does not happen again.

1 comment:

  1. That noise is enough to give someone a heart attack if it goes off in the middle of the night like that. Glad everything is okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete