Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday's Poem

The Question

You never asked.
I always wondered.
But, I never asked.
It was our little secret.
The question unasked.
Little things that let me know that you knew.
But never asked.
The little hints here and there.
But the question remained unasked.
Hints just loud enough for my ears.
Oh, I always wondered about the question unasked.
Would our love survived.
If asked.
What would it have been like with the question asked?
What might have been if you asked?
What might have been if I asked?
But now is too late for you or me to ask.

* * * * *


I wrote this just after my mother passed away. I had always wondered what it would have been like if we talked about me being Trans. Would she had hated me, would she understand, oh I always wondered what would have been. I know that she knew because she found my stash of clothes a couple of times, it vanished and then I had to go out and get more clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Why do I want to hug you now? :) Must be the mom in me. I'd never want my children to go through what you have, what any gay person does... so of course, I'd rather they be straight. That said, there is NOTHING they could ever do to make me stop loving them. While I think it takes many families awhile to adjust, I think for the most part that happens for them. Things are better now than they were 10 years ago, and 10 years from now, it'll be even better still.

    It may have taken some time, but a heart felt with a mom goes a long way. I'm sure it would have happened for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di!
    Yes, you never know what your Mom would've said so just leave it to your imagination. I bet you were a wonderful child who loved her mother and she loved you so who knows what she would've said?
    Since you may not know for sure go for the bestest answer!
    Luvs,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete