Sunday, August 06, 2006

Pop Quiz

I went up to the cottage this weekend and on the way home I snapped these pictures as I drove by.
Can you identify what crop they are growing?

No fair answering if you are from the Connecticut River Valley!



Hint: the produce is shipped all around the world and the Connecticut River Valley grows the best crops in the world. They are grown under tents of a cotton gauze fabric.



Another hint: the crop is dried in these barns whose sides open up to keep the right moisture levels. You can see a harvested field to the left of the barn.

I will give you the answer on Thursday morning before I leave to go up to my brother’s in Kennebunk to dogsit their dog Mattie while they are away.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I have no idea. We mainly grow corn and soybeans around here. Boring!

    ReplyDelete