Sunday, July 09, 2006

True Colors Picnic

I went to the True Colors picnic yesterday; True Colors is a non-profit organization for GLBT Youth. They sponsor a mentoring program, family consoling program, a youth drop in center, they work with the state to find homes for GLBT kids and they do educational outreach to the non-GLBT community. They also host the largest GLBT youth conference in the U.S. (I don’t think there is another conference like it in the U.S. This year the two day attendance was over 2,000.).
I had the honor and privilege to do outreach with them and to help out at the conference this year, it always gives me a sense of pride to do volunteer work for them. It makes me feel that I am actually doing something to help the GLBT community that my little help will do something to help out the next generation of GLBT kids. Besides it’s a great group of people to work with.
So if you are looking for something to do with your spare time why don’t you volunteer to help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment