Monday, July 17, 2006

Ned Lamont's Stand on TLGB Issues

I just got back from working the phone banks for the Ned Lamont’s campaign. I back him not only on his stand against the war but also a large variety of other issues; the economy, educations, the environment and a number of other issues. But I think that his stand on GLBT rights is a little week.........

Marriage Equality & LGBT Issues



I am proud that Connecticut was one of the first states to legalize civil unions and remain hopeful that we will be one of the first to enact full marriage equality. Unlike Senator Lieberman, I would have opposed the Federal ‘Defense of Marriage Act’.

I support the strengthening of any Federal non-discrimination and Federal Hate Crimes legislation.

I believe that the rights enshrined in the United States Constitution belong to every American. Every American should be able to walk down the street free of violence, learn in a harassment-free environment, and work hard at their jobs without discrimination.

I will be a vigorous defender of our privacy rights. I believe that Americans should be able to make personal medical decisions and decisions about their private lives and their families without interference from the government. I support the appointment of judges who have demonstrated a commitment to protection of these rights for all Americans.


Do you see the word gender or gender expression? It is a very positive statement but I would have like to get it be “T” inclusive. At least he is opposed to the ‘Defense of Marriage Act’ and is in favor of marriage equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment