Thursday, July 27, 2006

More of Those Silly Little Quizzes

3x Thursday


From Sweet Memes

1. How much email do you get on an average day? How much of it is spam?
90+ emails a day. Yikes! Of those emails only about five are not spam. Why so many? Well I am a director of a support group and our email addresses are on about 20 web-sites so a lot of spambots pick up our email addresses.


2. Can you imagine life without the internet? What kind of life did you lead before the internet became an everyday thing? Did it change much afterwards?
Oh yeah, back then I did a lot of reading and never went out. I was very closeted and it was the internet that showed me that there were a community of transpeople out there like me. Now I need an appointment calendar to keep track of everything going on.

3. What year did you start tinkering around on the internet? What did you do to pass the time? Do you still do it? Why/why not?
1979, yup that’s right I was on a dial up modem with a baud rate of 300 that was on Delphi Timeshare network. You could watch the characters load across the screen. I only was on for a short time. Then I dropped out of that because it was expensive, you had to pay for the long distance phone call. Then I started up again in ’99 and I am still going strong.


Bonus Question for Comments: Did you ever do anything online-community oriented? What was it? Do you still do it?
Yes, I am on about five e-groups and am the moderator of two of them. I am on two forums, one a TG support group and the other forum is a Prius forum. Plus I have a web-site on Geocites and a blog.



A quiz for grownups


Also from Sweet Memes


1. Assisted living or nursing home?
Assisted live. My aunt is in a nursing home on state support and I don’t want to go to a place like that.

2. What is your least favorite clinic to go to?
Actually any new doctor, I hate having to explain the meds that I am on. Everything is fine when I tell them my meds until I get Estradiol then you see a blank look on their face and I have to explain that I am TS.

3. If you won the lottery, which loan would you pay off first?
I would have to say themortgage also.

4. What do you want to be when your kids grow up?
No kids. That’s why I can retire at 60

5. Do you still remember who your first grade teacher was?
Nope

6. How many years has it been since you graduated?
From High School, 39 years

7. How many hours of sleep (including naps) do you need each day?
About 5 hours if I am lucky and I nap about half an hour at lunch.

8. Sex: weekly, monthly, or annually?
No comment.

9. Ex-lax or Metamucil?
If I had to choose; Ex-lax

10. Happiness is?
Winning the Powerball lottery.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never make it on 5 hours, even with the lunch time siesta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five hours--hey it's good to find someone else who recognizes that as a decent night's sleep! :-)

    Thanks for playing (both memes!).

    ReplyDelete