Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What Do We Owe the World

I was reading another blog and they mentioned an entry in another blog called “not THAT different” about what does the Transgender community owe the rest of the world.
I see it differently, not as a debt owed but rather as a gift to give. I educate because I want to, not because of a debt. I help my fellow brother and sisters because I love them and want to help them, not because I am paying back a debt owed. When I reach out to comfort our brothers and sisters it is not because somebody was there when I needed comfort but because I want to. When I go to a support group, I don’t go to pay back a debt; I go because I want to help them. I want to make their life a little easier by sharing my knowledge and love.
I see many who pass through the community on their transition. They come to the support groups make friends and then fade out of the community once they had their surgery. Do I think that they are wrong in doing so, no. We each are unique and travel our own path.
For me, I want to give back to the community more than I took.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Sharing and discussing ideas is what it's all about. And I agree with you 100% that "We are each unique and travel our own path." It's not about seeing eye-to-eye on everything; the world would be dull indeed if we were all the same.

    ReplyDelete