Saturday, April 01, 2006

Sixty Minutes tonight

March 12th

PM

Did anyone see Sixty Minutes tonight? They had a segment call "The Science Of Sexual Orientation" They discussed the possible causes of being gay and how it might be caused by pre-natal hormones. They presented some interesting theories on how and why this may happen.

I tend to agree with most of what they said and I think that it is caused by pre-natal hormones and genetics. However, I don't think that Adam in the opening piece is not gay but transgender.

AM

Ok, where to being? Well on Thursday I went up to uniTy in Springfield for their meeting.

Then on Friday, I went out to dinner with a couple of friends. First we met at a teasroom in Hartford that had all types of awards from a local avant-garde newspaper. Well I was very disappointed in the place, it was nice, but they did not have any de-caffeinated teas! They didn't have any; Earl Grey, Ceylon or Orange Pekoe teas they only had fruity flavored teas that were de-caffeinated. Uck! The coffee shop up in Springfield, where uniTy meets, has a better selection of tea than then this so called number one rated tearoom.

Anyhow, we got some work done there, I am redesigning the CTAC web-site so we went over re-design of a couple of pages I did on a beta test page and I got the go ahead to proceed with the design. Then after we left the tearoom ( Or the so called tearoom ) went out to dinner at a local restaurant for dinner.

Then yesterday was the Twenty Club and COS meetings. At the COS meeting we tried having a fashion show, I was a little leery of the idea when it was brought up at the Board meeting, but it turned out rather well. I took part as well as three other gals. We had three categories, casual, day/business and evening wear. It was rather fun in doing and I was glad that I took part in it.

After the COS meeting broke up, I went over to a local bar with a group of friends, the bar was having their monthly lesbian night. Anyone who knows me, know that I usually don't like going out to bars, but last night I was in the mode so I went. It was OK, but most of the women there were in there twenties, a little bit too young for me. I got a chuckle though, the bar is mainly a gay bar and the guys there last night looked a little lost. They had the look on their faces like that of a house dog when somebody sits on their favorite chair. Kind of lost, not knowing what to do, their comfortable spot was taken over by these, these girls! Like, "There's a woman sitting on my barstool!" what do I do now? One guy was just standing there looking at the bar stool, not the woman, just the stool, stand there with a drink in his hand, looking at the bar stool in the corner; the one where you can sit on it and lean back against the wall and rest your drink on the bar. Well he looked so lost, you could read it all over his face. It was so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment