Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sunday

Yesterday I drove down to New Jersey for Easter to be with my brother and family. While down there we went on a walk in a near by nature preserve, well my 62 year old brother had to show off to his grandson. My nephew walked across a log on the trail so my brother though he could do it. WRONG! He nearly broke his ankle and instead of walking back to the car that was only a 100 yards down the trail he came with us. The more we said to go back and rest it the car, the more he was determined to come. Men! Too much testosterone! I'm glad I not afflicted with that stuff anymore. Anyhow, by the time we got back to the car his ankle was already inflated to about twice it’s normal size and when I left there to come home, he was laying on the couch with his foot wrap with a bag of frozen peas on one side of the ankle.
On the way back home I got stuck in a twenty mile traffic jam going over the Hudson River at Tappan Zee. I listened to the sound track from “Rent” as I crawled along.
Here a couple of photos from trail side as we walked.



2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh out loud about the men and too much testosterone! It is so very true!
    The hike did sound lovely and I enjoyed your photos. Sorry to hear you got stuck in traffic though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, lovely photos! Ah, now I want to go outside.

    ReplyDelete